Update for 2020-2021:
In an effort to help families and students through these times, our posted Freeman uniform dress code will not be enforced. We encourage students to dress for success because we are learning daily whether remote or traditional.
Although uniforms are not required, your child must follow the overall CFBISD dress code. Children are not allowed to wear pajamas, bathing suits, or clothing with inappropriate language or graphics.
Again, families can choose for their childre to wear the uniforms as posted here or forego for this school year for both remote and traditional settings.
Freeman Elementary Dress Code – Uniform Policy
Dress Code Checks will be made within the first hour of the instructional day. Violations will be sent to the main office. Office staff will call parents. You are welcome to bring clothing or alternate clothing will be provided using donated uniforms. On the 3rd violation, children will receive a CFBISD Code of Conduct violation.
- Solid Collared Style- RED, NAVY, PURPLE, DARK GREEN
- Short sleeved or long sleeved only
- Online stores include OldNavy, LandsEnd, Kohls, Walmart, JcPennys
- Anything worn over the uniform top while the building must be the solid colors listed above or solid WHITE undershirts.
Pants/Bottoms/Skirts/Dresses: Belts are encouraged
- Solid Navy, Khaki bottoms or blue denim jeans: Monday-Friday
- Jeggings- Pants with back pockets only
- Closed toe shoes
- Freeman School Spirit Wear on Monday through Friday- Shirt must say “FREEMAN”
- Leggings or tights under skirts or dresses must be the solid colors listed above or solid WHITE underneath
Violations to the Dress Code Include:
- Holes or tears in the clothing that expose the skin
- Shades or tints of the colors listed above. (Example: Baby Blue Shirt, Kelly Green, lavender)
- Sandals, slides and house shoes
- Graphic Sweatshirts that are not the colors listed above.
- Sweatpants, exercise or athletic pants.
- Clothing that does not fit the body as the way intended
- Colored Denim or patterned denim
- Plaid or printed fabrics
Birthdays- Children are welcome to wear a special outfit on their birthday to celebrate. Summer birthdays can wear special outfits the last week of school.
Parents may drop off students by either using the Morning Drop Off Line or by parking in the parking lot and walking the student across the crosswalk.
Please drive along the curb to drop-off students. Move as far forward as possible. The lane to the left is for passing through to exit the campus. Please do not use the outside lane to move
ahead of other cars at the curb. We ask parents to be patient as students are getting out of their cars. School staff will insure that traffic moves as quickly as possible.
Parents must stay in your car. Please have children prepared and ready for drop off. If child is not ready, you will be asked to move forward or park your car.
All students ENTER the side cafeteria door and say good bye to parents at this location.
- Car riders will be dismissed in the front of the building by grade level. (K-5 only) (PreK isfrom the south parking lot.)
- Students will be helped into cars by teachers.
- Parents are to remain in their cars at all times.
- Older siblings will come to their younger sibling’s line. They will be picked up together.
- Teachers will direct cars to appropriate areas when spaces are available.
Visor Signs- Your child’s teacher will provide you with a name card, please attach the card, with your child’s name/grade on it, to your visor with a rubber band. As you wait in line to pick up your child, please turn the visor down to show their name. When you are ready to leave the driving lane raise the visor.
- All car riders will be supervised by teachers.
- Any child not picked up by 3:05 pm will be taken to the front office.
- Parents must come to the front office and sign them out for the day.
Pre-K Dismissal Procedures:
All parents must park in a legal parking spot and walk to the grassy area behind the dumpsters. Teachers will look for the child’s name on the colored tag. Students will be dismissed to parents at that time
Students who ride a bus will wait in the grade level hallways. Students will be supervised by teachers in the hallway and while getting on the bus. (Parents cannot pick up their child from
the bus lane). A child who does not ride a school bus cannot go home with another student on a school bus. Also, students can only ride the school bus assigned to them. They cannot ride another school bus at any time. Please send written notification if your child will not be riding the bus home. A bus contract will be sent home with all children riding buses. Code of Conduct will be enforced on school transportation to ensure the safety of all students.
Students who walk home will be released from the northeast exit near the gym. They will be escorted, by a teacher, to the corner of Valley Ranch Parkway and Ranch Trail. A crossing guard will be on duty.
Students who attend day care will wait in the gym until their van arrives. Students will be supervised by teachers.
After the Bell:
All parents who pick up their child from the ATB program are required to park in the side parking lot closest to the gym and use the secure door for entering the building. The ATB staff will help you with sign out procedures.
Changes in Dismissal:
If there is a change in a child’s dismissal routine, a parent or legal guardian must provide the change of transportation, in writing, to the front office by 12:00 pm on the day the change is
to take place. Written documentation may be submitted in person, by email, or by fax. A change in transportation cannot be submitted on a daily basis. This is for extenuating circumstances only. The school’s fax number is 972-968-1710. Please provide your name, child’s name, teacher, date, method of transportation for that day only, and your signature on the document. Frequent changes in transportation may cause confusion for your child.
Students Leaving Before Dismissal:
In order to maximize instructional time, students will not be released from school after 2:30 p.m. If you must pick your child up early for an appointment, you will need to come to the
office and sign your child out. Please allow at least five minutes before you need to leave in order to allow time for us to send for your child. To minimize loss of instructional time, we will
not send for your child until you arrive at school.
REMINDERS for arrival and dismissal:
- Children must be in a booster seat or seated with their seat belt fastened while riding in a car.
- Hand held electronic devices (cell phones, pagers, etc.) cannot be used in active school zones. (City of Irving Ordinance)
- NO PARKING in loading zones and in the north (buses) and northeast (gym) parking lots.
- Do not drive or park on the grass at any time.
In addition to completing and passing the background check, parents who wish to go on a field trip will sign up with the teachers and be contacted to attend and help. Often we have more volunteers than we can use on a particular field trip. If that is the case, we will let you know. Parents, friends, family, who are not officially a part of a particular field trip may not attend or join up with the group. Children, from Freeman who attend the trip, must ride the District buses to and from the field trip. Children are not released to adults at the field trip to be brought home
separately from the rest of the students.