Volunteering Makes a Difference in your Child’s Education.
We are excited to launch the “Helping Hands” volunteer program at Freeman Elementary.
Adult volunteers will be able to sign up to come to the school to help the teachers prepare materials for upcoming lessons and activities. Volunteers must stay in the designated Helping Hands room while on campus.
- The Helping Hands workdays will be on Tuesday and Thursday from 8-2:00 pm. (Sign ups will be online and listed in two hour increments. You can sign up for the whole day or a shorter time period.)
- Volunteers will have the opportunity to sign up to help on additional days if needed.
- Only adults over the age of 18 are eligible to participate. No children will be allowed to attend the workdays.
- All volunteers must fill out the background check form online and be approved for volunteering.
- Volunteers must attend an orientation session in order to begin. Volunteer orientation will be held in September, November, January, and March.
If you are interested in participating in the Helping Hands program please do the following:
- Attend a volunteer orientation session. Check Parent Square one week prior to the orientation to RSVP. Upcoming Session: March 6th from 8:30-10:00 am
- Complete the Back Ground Check form on Parent Square https://www.cfbisd.edu/community/volunteer/steps-for-background-check
We look forward to partnering with you this year!